Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Chicken Alfredo Yum

We recently ate chicken Alfredo at a very up scale restaurant. The service was wonderful and friendly, and everything was just a whole lot elegant. Everything was embellished with more, and that included the price tag for the meal.
I loved the feeling of being waited on, and festive atmosphere all round me. I also realized that my pocket book would not allow me to eat here every night. So what? I have always been the chief cook in my family, even in lean times. I could fix the same delicious dish for a fraction of the cost.
My family would create the great atmosphere, and I would supply the friendly service. Of course, there is always a drawback. My kitchen would not be as elegant, and I would have to wash the dishes.
Well, I did it! I made chicken Alfredo, and my husband raved about it. He even went so far as to say it was better than what we had eaten at the restaurant. Maybe the fact that his billfold still had some money left in it made it taste as good.
It was a success, straight from the oven. That bubbling concoction of sour cream, chicken broth and Parmesan cheese with tender chunks of chicken breast was so good.
Put these ingredients together and try it for yourself.

2 packages of Alfredo mix (choose a good brand)
1 13 oz can of fat free chicken breast
1/2 cup of sour cream
1 cup of Parmesan cheese

For us, the seasonings in the Alfredo mix was enough.
Cook the packaged Alfredo mix according to the directions on the package
In a bowl combine the broth from the canned chicken with the sour cream and Parmesan cheese. Heat in a pan until smooth and creamy. Take off the stove and add the chunks of chicken breast.
Mix this with your Afredo dish that you have already cooked.
Place the dish in the oven and heat until bubbly.

Tell your family to stand back while you take the dish right to the table while it is still bubbling.
Now I am assuming you already have a big bowl of salad, some glasses of ice tea, and some store bought garlic bread sticks on the table.
All that is left to do is sit down and enjoy food and family.

2 comments:

My Blog List

Puppy In A Basket

Puppy In A Basket
Facing The Unknown

Popular Posts