Sunday, March 21, 2010

Picture It

Spring time blooms around an empty home
Buried under the dirt and grass of this old home place is a thousand stories. Death, sorrow, happiness, disappointments and every kind of human emotion known to people.
One story stands out stark and plain. Life changes, and nothing remains the same. No one is worried about the upkeep of this home, or just how many snakes are hiding in the grass, ready to bite an unsuspecting child's bare foot. Whatever problems are worrying you today, will most likely be forgotten this time next year.
Reminds me of the time I topped a mountain, and looked down upon my home in the valley below. I had left my kitchen in a mess, laundry was piled high, and time was limited to get these aggravating chores done. I was stressed and unhappy about my little 6 hour house cleaning plan. Looking down into that beautiful valley where my home looked so small compared to the mountains around it, I was struck with how unimportant trivial things are.
Focus on the important things in your life today and let the little things ride if you need to.

2 comments:

  1. Yes..the little troubles can wait. As I get older, my priorities seem to be rearranging themselves...LOL!

    I love this photo! It reminds me of the house my Pawpaw and Granny Davis lived in when we were kids.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE this picture. It looks like such a peaceful place to be. It really is true that we waste too much time and emotional energy worrying about things that may never happen.

    ReplyDelete

My Blog List

Puppy In A Basket

Puppy In A Basket
Facing The Unknown

Popular Posts