Tuesday, November 20, 2012

It is an awesome thing when someone cares enough about you to want to comfort you or make you happy.
"Comfort food" is a term that we Southern cooks get tagged with a lot.
At Thanksgiving, I want to share a technique for biscuit making that is good, and the bread is not heavy with oils and butters. Make a big plate and set them next to your mashed potatoes. It will bring a big "yum!"
In my kitchen I start with WR Flour when ever that is possible. I have proven this flour to be great to make really good biscuits. I recommend it to anyone to try for yourself.
 
I pour 2 cups of self rising WR Flour in a big bowl.
Then I fill a cup with buttermilk and just before the cup is full I pour a little Canola oil into the milk.
Pour the milk in the flour and quickly add enough more sweet milk (about 1/2 cup or more) to make the batter smooth.
Stir with all your might! Mix it all very good. The batter is best when it is a little shinny. It will no be those flaky biscuits. They will be smooth, firm and just right to pour gravy over.
I always cook biscuits in a cast iron skillet that has oil in the bottom. Dip the tops of  your bread in the grease and turn them over, oily side on top.
Turn those biscuits onto a big plate while they are smoking and watch them go.
Now that is comfort food!
 
HAPPY THANKSGIVING ALL
 
 
bread, bisucits, comfort food

No comments:

Post a Comment

My Blog List

Puppy In A Basket

Puppy In A Basket
Facing The Unknown

Popular Posts